Reconstruction: The Second American Revolution - The Sequel to Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid

The Autocratic system was failing regardless; Nicky's policies were just what Alexander would have done.
Except he didn't have the competency his father had where he kept the country out of wars and focused on continual industrialization and economic growth. Had Alexander III sat on the throne in place of Nicholas II, stuff like the Russso Japanese War and even ww1 wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I've been on this site since 2009 and every time I think I've become jaded at people's ability to defend reactionary monarchies I am freshly astonished.

Anyway, @Red_Galiray I meant to ask if you've read Don Doyle's The Cause of All Nations? The war's obviously over, but I think there's a lot of interesting stuff on the reception of the war as a war against slavery and for republicanism that you'd find thought-provoking when you consider the cultural impact of this harsher struggle.

I've been on this site since 2009 and every time I think I've become jaded at people's ability to defend reactionary monarchies I am freshly astonished.
Because as we all know, having a republican government just instantly makes things better! Just look at the provisional government of Russia during ww1 or the First Republic in Brazil, clearly major advancements and beacons of competence and advancement.

Because as we all know, having a republican government just instantly makes things better! Just look at the provisional government of Russia during ww1 or the First Republic in Brazil, clearly major advancements and beacons of competence and advancement.
While I agree with your point, as I mentioned above, this is the wrong thread to discuss stuff like this/is way off-topic.