List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage II

it's all fine to me as long as they don't do Otto's Mistakes.
maybe having a Swedish lineage on the throne helps keeping is better as they are liberal rather the ultra conservative and authoritarian Bavarians.

That said, i guess they'll also use the various Alexander, Constantine, Eirene and shabang of ancient Byzantine names to make happy the people.
the same way Ferdinand made and enemy of his entire family by making his heir Orthodox to appease Russians and Bulgarians
He could adopt completely new name like prince Carl of Denmark took name Haakon VII when him became king of Norway altough Haakon/Håkan wasn't among of his given names. And after disastrous reign of king Otto Greeks would really prefer complete hellenisation of their king and adopting clearly Greek name.
If you go with his name's meaning (noble and famous), you can have him take the regnal name Evyenios/Eugene.
out of curiosity, how come no one- OTL- took "Justinian" (or whatever the Greek variant of it was) or "Theodora" (which is essentially a simple inversion of "Dorothea", reasonably common in German houses)? They seem to have stuck to the same boring "Alex" and "Konstantin" shuffle

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
out of curiosity, how come no one- OTL- took "Justinian" (or whatever the Greek variant of it was) or "Theodora" (which is essentially a simple inversion of "Dorothea", reasonably common in German houses)? They seem to have stuck to the same boring "Alex" and "Konstantin" shuffle
i mean, Justinian has a mixed legacy. nobody would like to be referenced to the Nika revolts as soon as a protest is quelled by the police forces
Alexander the great and Constantine I and XI ? hell no they are "the myth, the legend!"
it's the same for why Ferdinand's descendants went for Boris and Simeon as names.
everyone in Bulgaria loves Boris I and Simeon I "Veliki".
( sorry for spamming Bulgaria references but it's the neighbor and closest example)

i'm still wondering why the hell do Serbians use that weird naming on rulers ( like Milos I, followed by Milan II and then Mihailo III. there is no Milan I or Mihailo II)

i mean, Justinian has a mixed legacy. nobody would like to be referenced to the Nika revolts as soon as a protest is quelled by the police forces
fair enough. It was just the first Byzantine Emperor who popped into my head. Surely there are others of similar quasi-mythical proportions? Basil the Bulgar-Slayer, for instance (will probably cause a PR headache with the Bulgarians, and probably cause problems when he becomes king as "Basileus Basilos"), but it's there, no?

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
they literally started from scracth on changing dynasty

1716280390392.png